SFR Recruitment Solutions are very excited to being working on this opportunity for a Design Engineer within a Door Hardware business in the West Midlands, reporting to the Technical Manager.
The Primary Objective
Providing product/process design expertise initially focused on Emergency Exit Hardware with further NPI’s for the Door Hardware Group.
- To control/modify/create Bills of Materials ensuring a high degree of accuracy
Key Responsibilities & Duties
Based upon NPI remit, the creation of the products through Autocad Inventor / Solid Works, ensuring accuracy of componentry.
• Following the business Gateway process.
• Generation of production drawings for parts and assemblies.
• FMEA analysis (parts and assemblies).
• Identification of key suppliers for sample production and the provision of drawings.
• Provision of drawings/tolerances/golden samples to the Quality Department for inwards goods inspection.
• Working with the Product Management team to ensure all data is captured in advance of product launch.
• Raising and processing engineering changes
The Ideal Candidate
• Industry product knowledge
• Possess pressed componentry, machined components and plastic moulding experience
• Hold extensive practical 3D CAD system experience and be able to demonstrate, ideally through Autocad Inventor / Solid Works
• Assembly modelling (including mechanism design and simulation)
• Understanding of component use of liner tolerancing
• Proficient use of geometrical tolerancing (ISO 1101)
• Knowledge of ISO 10135 (indication of moulded parts)
• Experience in production drawing creation for both parts and assemblies
• Good understanding of basic metrology
• Excellent communication skills
• Timeline focused
• Must have energy, enthusiasm and commitment
• Ambitious with desire to succeed
• Capable of taking responsibility, and showing initiative
• An excellent team player but able to work successfully as an individual
• Well-structured and self-disciplined
• Polite and professional
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Degree qualified or relevant experience
If you are interested in this position, please contact SFR Recruitment Solutions.